- Holder: MELIÁ HOTELS INTERNATIONAL S.A. (hereinafter, “MHI”).
- TAX ID No.: A78304516.
- Registered office: Gremio Toneleros 24, 07009 Palma de Mallorca, Spain
- Registry details: Registered with the Mercantile Registry of Palma de Mallorca, Folio: 100, Volume: 1335, Sheet: PM-22603.
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Data Protection Officer (DPO): the User may contact the DPO by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post addressed to the “Data Protection Officer" at MHI’s registered office.
2. INFORMATION AND CONSENT
3. MANDATORY DATA PROVISION
In general, the data requested in the forms accessed through the MHI Website are mandatory (unless the field in question specifically indicates otherwise) to comply with the stated purposes. As a result, if mandatory data is not provided or provided incorrectly, the intended purposes cannot be fulfilled.
4. WHY WILL MHI PROCESS THE USER’S PERSONAL DATA AND FOR HOW LONG?
The personal data of the User collected through the contact form will be processed by MHI for the management of the requests made, which will include the evaluation of the same and, where appropriate, contact with the User and/or entity which he/she represents.
The User’s data will be kept for the period of time needed to satisfy each purpose, or until the User asks MHI to remove it, objects to the processing or revokes his/her consent.
5. WHAT USER DATA WILL MHI PROCESS?
MHI may process the following data categories, in accordance with the request made by the User:
- Identifying details: name, surname(s), country, company
- Contact details: Postal and e-mail address, mobile telephone number
- Other data: comments introduced by the User
6. WHAT IS THE LEGITIMATE BASIS FOR THE PROCESSING OF YOUR DATA?
The foregoing data processing requires the User’s consent, and no processing will take place without such consent. If the User withdraws his/her consent to any of the processing, this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing carried out previously.
To revoke such consent, the User may contact MHI through the following channels: by letter to MELIÁ HOTELS INTERNATIONAL S.A., A/A Development Department, C/ Gremio Toneleros 24, 07009 Palma de Mallorca, Spain or an email to email@example.com, in both cases, with the Reference “Data Protection – Development”.
Likewise, in those cases in which it is necessary to process the User’s data for the fulfilment of a legal obligation or for the realisation of the existing contractual relationship between MHI and the User, the processing would be legitimized as it is necessary for compliance with said obligations.
7. TO WHICH RECIPIENTS WILL THE USER’S DATA BE DISCLOSED?
The User’s data may be disclosed to:
- MHI subsidiaries or group companies, solely for internal administrative purposes and/or for the purposes indicated above.
- Entities operating the hotels managed by MHI or franchises, solely for internal administrative purposes.
- Public Administrations, as required by law.
Likewise, if necessary, the User's data may be accessed by MHI’s service providers (such as, for example, IT hosting providers). Under no circumstances will the aforementioned providers process the data for additional purposes that have not been previously legitimized.
The recipients specified in this section may be located within or outside the European Economic Area; in the latter case, international data transfers must be duly authorised.
8. USER RESPONSIBILITY
- Affirms that he/she is of legal age or legally emancipated, where applicable, and that the data provided to MHI are true, accurate, complete and up to date. For these purposes, the User is responsible for the truthfulness of all data communicated and will keep the information up to date so that said data reflects his/her actual situation.
- Affirms that, where applicable, he/she has informed any third parties on whose behalf he/she has provided data of the provisions contained in this document. The User also affirms that he/she has obtained the third party’s authorisation to provide their data to MHI for the purposes indicated.
- Will be responsible for false or inaccurate information provided through the Website and for damages, whether direct or indirect, that this may cause to MHI or third parties.
9. EXERCISE OF RIGHTS
The User may send a letter to MELIÁ HOTELS INTERNATIONAL S.A., A/A Development Department, C/ Gremio Toneleros 24, 07009 Palma de Mallorca, Spain or an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, in both cases, with the Reference “Data Protection – Development”, enclosing a photocopy of his/her national identity document or passport, in force, at any time and free of charge, in order to:
- Revoke his/her consent.
- Access his/her personal data.
- Rectify any inaccurate or incomplete data.
- Request the removal of his/her personal data when, among other reasons, they are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected.
- Limit MHI's data processing when any of the conditions listed in the data protection regulations are met.
- Request the portability of his/her data.
Likewise, the user is informed that at any time, he/she may file a complaint regarding the protection of his/her personal data with the competent Control Authority.
10. SECURITY MEASURES
MHI will process the User’s data in an absolutely confidential way at all times, maintaining the mandatory duty to secrecy with regard to said data, in accordance with the provisions set out in applicable regulations. To this end, it will adopt the technical and organisational measures required to ensure data are secure and to prevent them from being altered, lost, processed or accessed illegally, depending on the state of the technology, the nature of the stored data and the risks to which they are exposed.
Last updated: September 2018.